End of Life Care at Companion Animal Hospital
At Companion Animal Hospital, we are here to help you during this difficult time. Our staff will help you to make the right choices and provide comfort and understanding.
Making a Decision
In some situations, your veterinarian can make a definitive recommendation about euthanasia. However, there may be times when you must ultimately make the decision based on the medical prognosis and what you observe in your pet’s behavior. The following are strong indicators that your pet is no longer experiencing a high quality of life:
- Frequent vomiting or diarrhea
- He or she has stopped eating or will only eat by force
- Frequent incontinence
- Loss of interest in all or most favorite activities
- Chronic labored breathing or coughing
- Unable to stand or walk independently
What to Expect
At Companion Animal Hospital, we offer the care and respect you and your loved one deserve throughout this difficult process. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with additional questions or concerns.